Nickel 200 is commercially perfect (99.6%) wrought nickel. It has got marvelous mechanical properties and good resistance to many corrosive atmosphere.Other useful characteristics of the alloy are its magnetic, high thermal and electrical conductivitiy, low gas content and low vapor pressure.
The corrosion support of Nickel 200 makes it particularly useful for maintaining product purity in the handling of foods, synthetic fibers, and caustic alkalies; and also in structural applications where resistance to corrosion is a prime consideration.
Other function includes chemical shipping drums, electrical and electronic parts, aerospace and missile components and rocket motor cases.
Alloy 200 is technically pure nickel with good mechanical properties and excellent resistance to alkali hydroxides as well as organic compositions. Even when exposed to high temperature. Alloy 200 retain its strength and is ductile at low temperature. Alloy 200 is a multipurpose grade and is used in application where alloys are not essential. It also has good magnetic and magnetostrictive properties, high thermal and electrical conductivity as well as low gas content in the electronics industry. Furthermore Alloy 200 is of interest for its good weld ability.
Available forms of Nickel 200 :
- Pipe & Tube (welded & seamless)
- Fittings (i.e. flanges, slip-ons, blinds, weld-necks, lapjoints, long welding necks, socket welds, elbows, tees, stub-ends, returns, caps, crosses, reducers, and pipe nipples)
Characteristics of Nickel 200 :
- Highly resistant to various reducing chemicals
- Excellent resistance to caustic alkalies
- High electrical conductivity
- Excellent corrosion resistance to distilled and natural waters
- Resistance to neutral and alkaline salt solutions
- Excellent resistance to dry fluorine
- Widely used to handle caustic soda
- Good thermal, electrical and magnetostrictive properties
- Offers some resistance to hydrochloric and sulfuric acids at modest temperatures and concentrations
Chemical Analysis of Nickel Alloy 200 (UNS N02200)
|99.0 min||.40 max||.25 max||.15 max||.35 max||.01 max||.35 max|